The Financial Leader in Multifamily Housing
Centerline Capital Group is one of the nation’s most experienced providers of real estate finance and asset management services for multifamily housing. Centerline offers both debt financing and equity investment solutions to meet customer needs across the United States.
Today we have $9.2 billion of investor equity under management in more than 114 public and private real estate investment funds. In addition, we manage $12.2 billion of loans in our mortgage servicing portfolio on behalf of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae), and the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
Strong, enduring relationships
Centerline links capital investors with capital users in multifamily housing. As one of the industry’s most respected firms, we enjoy established relationships with the leading government-sponsored entities (GSEs), institutional investors, property owners and developers.Since our founding in 1972, Centerline boasts a solid and impressive track record.
Powerful Financial Solutions
Centerline meets customer financing needs through four primary businesses:
- Mortgage Banking
We provide mortgage financing for conventional multifamily properties across the United States.
- Affordable Housing Debt
Centerline offers a broad range of financing options and deal structuring expertise to developers, owners, and managers of affordable housing communities.
- Affordable Housing Investments
Centerline invests capital raised from institutional investors and our own capital into affordable housing projects nationally.
Centerline Facts at a Glance
- Ten offices: New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Birmingham, Boston, Dallas, Seattle,
- Washington DC, and Irvine and San Rafael, CA
- Four satellite locations: Charlotte, Spokane, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, CA
- 218 professionals
- Operate in 45 states
- Since inception, raised $10 billion of investor equity and launched 137 funds
- 117 institutional investors
- Today, manage $9.2 billion of investor equity with 114 funds
- A portfolio of 1,139 assets, and 140,609 apartment units
- A leading sponsor of LIHTC funds
- $12.2 billion total mortgage servicing portfolio of which $3.1 billion is affordable debt
- Financed 175,000 affordable housing units
- $2.1 billion mortgage lending in 2012, 50% increase over 2011
- Closed $108.2 million 14-property portfolio
- Closed $55 million bridge loan with C-III
- Closed $286 million Fannie Mae DUS small loans in 2012 nationwide
- Recruited experienced Affordable Housing Debt and FHA origination team covering
the entire U.S.
- Hired Freddie Mac expert to expand/enhance platform
- Re-entered CMBS market third quarter 2012
- Formed partnership with LEM Capital to provide senior equity and senior debt for conventional multifamily properties
- Increased the small loan team to originate loans of $5.5 million or less
- Enhanced Centerline’s technology platform for greater efficiency and to reduce cycle time